Business development and public relations planning
There is a movement in Washington State to understand and embrace the FAA rules surrounding unmanned aircraft systems, commonly known as drones.
Through Jennifer Ferrero’s affiliation with the Center of Excellence for Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing, and with design support from Selina Starno, they worked with the Washington Unmanned Aircraft Technology Coalition (WUATC) to create a brand.
The work included:
- Initial business development, creation of purpose, mission, vision, audiences
- Development of a website and its copy; to include SEO and functionality
- Development of branded materials to help sell the idea to industry, government and academic interests
Ongoing work includes:
- Planning and execution of a public relations and event plan for the organization’s first conference
- Ongoing work with the coalition members for future business development
- Support and recommendations for social media
Local news coverage
- An event was held in Sunnyside, WA in September 2016 with the following publics: High school students, military, regional government representatives, private industry, school district representatives.
- A press release allowed us to obtain local news coverage of the event on NBC out of Yakima (conference was in Sunnyside, WA)
Ready to get started?
April/May Newsletter - Fresh New View Greetings! Do you ever get an itch to try something new? I have, and I am excited to announce it in this newsletter. As many of you know, I have been a business owner, net-worker, and leader in the Spokane area for over 20...read more
All organizations are at risk for crisis at one point or another. Planning ahead and understanding your risk from a communication perspective is advisable.read more
Editorial Planning - Make it easy on yourself You know that you should be regularly communicating with your customers, but it seems like so much work. It doesn't have to be. With a bit of planning, and the development of an editorial plan, regular communications can...read more
Just released - January 2019 Newsletter Complaints in business are a fact of life. But when one customer calls to complain does it throw your business into a tailspin? It shouldn't. But yet, I cannot tell you how many clients through the years will call in a panic...read more
At the close of 2018, please see the December 2018 newsletter to clients. Click to view the newsletter. Text: Season's greetings to you and yours! Today I am offering a sincere thank you for all businesses and organizations who trusted me with their...read more
Greetings! You are asked to give a speech to a group where you have to take a position on a topic. Perhaps you know that not everyone in the group will be in agreement. There could be some hostility, or perhaps an emotional reaction from the audience. How do you work...read more
Public relations is a deep field - but one area where we can all relate is public persona. Some may call it personal branding, and as individuals, we can have our own public persona - that is, how people view us and our skills, capabilities, thoughts and actions. A...read more
Greetings! Chris Traeger, a character on the show Parks and Recreation (played by Rob Lowe - now on Netflix) is a "yes man." When he is approached he offers enthusiasm and excitement, and he makes each person feel special. His character is pleasant to...read more
View recent published articles for Jennifer Ferrero, APR, ACB, ALB in the aerospace, manufacturing and unmanned aircraft community in 2018.read more
Switch Up Consulting has been contracted with the Center of Excellence for Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing for many years. Recently as they prepared to launch a new brand and Center of Excellence for Unmanned and Autonomous Systems, we were brought in...read more